Monday, June 8, 2009

Open Studios

After a long process of internal deliberations, town approvals and the actual physical creation of it, the Brown Street Studios sign was finally installed above the door just in time for Open Studios.

The weather was beautiful and we had a steady stream of visitors all weekend. Most of the artists in the building had their studios open and there was a festive feeling in the air as we came together to support each other and direct visitors to each other's studios. There are alot of great artists in this building and I feel privileged to be part of this talented group.

This year was the first time that I opened my door for open studios from my new space which I have occupied for a bit less than 2 weeks. I love the new studio and this weekend it provided a nice "gallery" for visitors to come in see the art. But more importantly, I have a much better layout and more space to do my work.

No comments: